Thursday, January 29, 2009

Throwing tiredness to the wind

I am pregnant, yes, but I can't keep letting life pass me by like this.
I need to pick myself up and stop living in this cloud that I've been living in for the last 3 months.

Maybe I feel like this because I actually am starting to feel better, although it felt like the morning sickness would never end and my life would be over because I am so damn tired all the time.

I've also come to the realisation that I need to spend more QUALITY time with 'Baby Giraffe'.

The way I've been spending the days lately is with the attitude of : "Just ... more hours until I can go to sleep again." And although I am pregnant and I know I need to listen to my body, etc; I also know that it is not helping 'Baby Giraffe' much by spending time with him on a superficial level.

So, I have decided that I need to force myself to be more patient, and I need to get 'Baby Giraffe's' sleeping patterns sorted, once and for all. Seriously.

A better sleep for him means a better sleep for me. And ultimately a better day time for both of us.
This leads me to express, OH MY WORD, parenting is H-A-R-D!!!!

And something that I've been meaning to say for a long time:

"WELL DONE to all those hard-working stay-at-home moms out there!"

3 comments:

Celine said...

Thats one thin I thought of in my first trimester..how on earth do other wemon do this if they already have a child?? You are an awesome inspiration and Im sure Baby G appriciates it very very much xxx

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to remember when last I wasn't tired... hmmm... I think it was about 10 years ago - WAY before kids! I'm sorry that you feel like this already, but welcome to the club, there's always room for one more!

Sue said...

Parenting is hard work!!! You do need to take time out to listen to your body though. Maybe a new routine, getting him out for a bit of quality time with Wes will give you a few free moments to catch your breath. Good luck with the sleep training, I agree that it will make a huge difference to your day!!

Sue xxx